We are passionate about our work and happy you found us!We're here to get you the best JDM vehicle to meet your requirements!
Please register and let’s get started
Before bidding on any vehicle, JCD has third party inspections done by professional inspectors at almost all of the auction houses in Japan. All vehicles have some weak points, specific to the make and model which we will have the inspector pay particular attention to. We will also have all other specific requests from our customers checked on.
In addition to specific requests, the inspector will:
- Check the general appearance of the vehicle and confirm that it is not an accident vehicle. Look at the condition of the body, paint and look for any additional scratches, dents, corrosion, cracked lenses, chips in the windshield etc., that are not on the auction house report.
- Look under the vehicle and check for any oil, coolant, or other fluid leaks. Check that all the shock absorber boots are not broken, and that there is no excessive under carriage corrosion.
- Test the suspension by pushing down on each corner of the vehicle.
- Open and close all the doors, hood and trunk to check for smoothness and quietness of the hinges. Check that the doors and trunk open with the key. Check for the spare tire, wheel wrench and jack.
- Check under the hood for any loose or missing bolts, stripped threads, altered wiring, broken fastenings, broken or missing covers, or corroded battery. See that the engine room is not excessively dirty or oily.
- Check that the oil isn’t too low or excessively dirty. Check for thick black deposits on the inside of the oil cap and the oil filler neck as an indication the engine wasn’t maintained regularly. Check that the tranny fluid isn’t too dark or dirty, and that there is no burnt smell. Check the brake fluid level. Check the coolant level, and that it is clean.
- Start the engine and check for any blue/black or white exhaust smoke. Check for warning lights, oil pressure while idling, any hesitation on acceleration, smoothness of transmission when changing from park to drive to reverse, and gear changes with manual transmissions. Check general engine sound and smoothness of running.
- Turn the steering wheel and check for good solid feel. Check that the air conditioning, heating, rear defog, power windows, locks, wipers, sun roof, folding mirrors, alarm system, radio, CD player, speakers, other stereo components, seat belts, and remote controls, etc., are all in good working order.
- Check the general condition of the interior. Are there any stains, or tears in the upholstery? Are the doors, floor, roof, or seats excessively dirty? Check the odor of the interior, and the trunk. Confirm if a smoker owned the vehicle, and if there has been any water damage.
After confirming that the vehicle is in good condition, and meets all of our customer’s specifications, we will place a predetermined bid on your behalf
10 stars for service! This was my first time importing, we used JPC on a recommendation from a friend and I was really blown away by the service which Andrew... read moreJeff Cheok10/21/2021
In a time were lots of exporters are trying to make a quick dollar and sell you a rusty car, Japan Car Direct looks out for you and makes sure... read moreSebastian Kurpiel10/01/2021
Hey Matt, thanks for all the help in locating the perfect vehicle for our acreage. We cannot say enough good things about the service you provided. Your... read moreAngela Butler9/06/2021
After deciding to import a vehicle myself from Japan to the US, Japan car direct was one of the first names to come up. Of course this being the first... read moreLelandLs6 T7/28/2021
I had a great experience with Japan Car Direct. Matt helped answer all my questions and guide me thru the process successfully. Buying a car sight unseen can be stressful... read moreJake Metz7/19/2021
Great to do business with. Mathew was very helpful and guided me through the process to import a Nissan Elgrande. I can thoroughly recommend them for anyone else... read moreJonathan Pyne7/16/2021
I just bought a suzuki carry from Japan. Taylor was super helpful and supportive during the process, all the way up to picking up my truck at the port! Definitely... read moreLandon Sutherland7/01/2021
This was my first time ever purchasing vehicles from Japan. Mathew was recommend to me by a friend and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone else. Besides... read moreJonathan Wells6/21/2021
Mathew was great to work with and everything went well through the auction and export process. He was very patient with all my questions since it was my first... read moreJack Wagner5/29/2021
JCD was great to work with. Mathew was patient with me as I searched for my dream vehicle. He explained the process and helped me understand how to eliminate as... read moreGreg Thompson5/20/2021
Mathew was patient and professional from the start. Helped me understand the Japanese listings, arranged on-site inspections when I wanted a closer look. Vehicle was shipped without drama. Arrived safely.... read moreGalen Haye5/11/2021
I live in Japan and buying a car can be a challenge but Yoshiro at Japan Car Direct really made this an easy process. His patience with me is worth... read moreRai Yen4/21/2021
Great experience working with Japan Car Direct. Very helpful, great communication and very patient with a first time mini truck buyer and importer.Sven MacAller4/06/2021
Just awesome people to deal with...I started my search for a JZA80 Supra 2 years ago by just looking on JCD because I was really scared that I would go... read moreBayshore Boys3/28/2021
Worked with Matthew, Taylor and Scott to find a particular Daihatsu Hijet to import into Australia. Not only did I find the right vehicle using thier platform, they then helped... read moreAlex Cochran3/28/2021