We are passionate about our work and happy you found us!We're here to get you the best JDM vehicle to meet your requirements!
Please register and let’s get started
Before bidding on any vehicle, JCD has third party inspections done by professional inspectors at almost all of the auction houses in Japan. All vehicles have some weak points, specific to the make and model which we will have the inspector pay particular attention to. We will also have all other specific requests from our customers checked on.
In addition to specific requests, the inspector will:
- Check the general appearance of the vehicle and confirm that it is not an accident vehicle. Look at the condition of the body, paint and look for any additional scratches, dents, corrosion, cracked lenses, chips in the windshield etc., that are not on the auction house report.
- Look under the vehicle and check for any oil, coolant, or other fluid leaks. Check that all the shock absorber boots are not broken, and that there is no excessive under carriage corrosion.
- Test the suspension by pushing down on each corner of the vehicle.
- Open and close all the doors, hood and trunk to check for smoothness and quietness of the hinges. Check that the doors and trunk open with the key. Check for the spare tire, wheel wrench and jack.
- Check under the hood for any loose or missing bolts, stripped threads, altered wiring, broken fastenings, broken or missing covers, or corroded battery. See that the engine room is not excessively dirty or oily.
- Check that the oil isn’t too low or excessively dirty. Check for thick black deposits on the inside of the oil cap and the oil filler neck as an indication the engine wasn’t maintained regularly. Check that the tranny fluid isn’t too dark or dirty, and that there is no burnt smell. Check the brake fluid level. Check the coolant level, and that it is clean.
- Start the engine and check for any blue/black or white exhaust smoke. Check for warning lights, oil pressure while idling, any hesitation on acceleration, smoothness of transmission when changing from park to drive to reverse, and gear changes with manual transmissions. Check general engine sound and smoothness of running.
- Turn the steering wheel and check for good solid feel. Check that the air conditioning, heating, rear defog, power windows, locks, wipers, sun roof, folding mirrors, alarm system, radio, CD player, speakers, other stereo components, seat belts, and remote controls, etc., are all in good working order.
- Check the general condition of the interior. Are there any stains, or tears in the upholstery? Are the doors, floor, roof, or seats excessively dirty? Check the odor of the interior, and the trunk. Confirm if a smoker owned the vehicle, and if there has been any water damage.
After confirming that the vehicle is in good condition, and meets all of our customer’s specifications, we will place a predetermined bid on your behalf
Great experience working with Japan Car Direct. Very helpful, great communication and very patient with a first time mini truck buyer and importer.
I can't recommend JCD enough. Mathew was a fantastic person to work with. As a newbie to the Japanese auctions, I was quite naïve and had far too many questions. Mathew was kind, knowledgeable, and patient through the entire process. My Minicab arrived last week and I am quite pleased. I would not hesitate to work with Japan Car Direct again in the future. Thank you Mathew!! Jay A.
I purchased a suzuki carry from here.. They made the whole process so easy..fantastic communication,and I got what I wanted.. highly recommend using this company for your next purchase. 5 stars
IF YOU ARE OVERLY CAUTIOUS READ THIS I am over the top and I am aware of it. Matthew probably should get an award for dealing with me. I dig into everything and am used to fighting for fairness at auto auctions here in the USA - we own a small dealership. Early into my fist purchase (of many) Matthew earned my trust. He’s a rare breed: a true professional and exceptional at what he does. The world NEEDS more like him in every industry. Matthew is one of our most valued partners now, as we strive to bring JDM to Rochester and the Great Lakes. I’m a tough case, I openly admit, but he worked through my caution and I’m now very happy to purchase through him. Call me if you want, I’ll recommend Matthew to anyone. Drew
IF YOU ARE OVERLY CAUTIOUS READ THIS I am over the top and I am aware of it. Matthew probably should get an award for dealing with me. I dig into everything and am used to fighting not to get taken at local auctions (I own a dealership and believe strongly in integrity). Early into my fist purchase (of many) Matthew earned my trust. He’s a rare breed: a true professional and exceptional at what he does. The world NEEDS more like him in every industry. Matthew is one of our most valued partners now, as we strive to bring JDM to Rochester and the Great Lakes. I’m a tough case, I openly admit. Find me and call me if you want, I’ll recommend Matthew to anyone. Drew
I always wanted a Land Cruiser ! Mathew helped me find 2 beautiful trucks from the Japanese auction. Had them delivered to Freeport, TX last week. He was amazing to work with. Fast response time on bids, super easy to work with, he has a lot of experience and answered all questions promptly. Will be working with JCD more in the future to purchase more vehicles !
Very pleased with my experience with JCD. Mat helped me with my purchase of a Honda Beat and its shipping to the port of Baltimore. Everything was seamless and I would (and already have) recommended this company to several friends.
Thanks to JapanCarDirect for the opportunity, Yoshi took well care of my requests with a incomparable patience and fast follow up. Will definitely pass the word around !!! 👌🇨🇦🇯🇵
Fantastic service, helped me through the process of importing my JZX100 to the UK, Everything was clear and fees were low, worth every penny though, fantastic and couldn't have asked for more!
I just picked up my dream campervan from port and have to say that Japan car direct was with me the entire way. I felt so supported all my questions were answered and I could not imagine doing something like this without them. I highly recommend the whole team, trust them and would encourage anyone to use there services.
Mathew and all stuff JCD are best. I ordered 4 cars to UA. Support was 24H. The team did its best to solve my problems. They are really good. Now I can recommend them. Unique condition of the car. P.S. sorry but the photo was taken immediately upon arrival. Thank you again!
I just wanna thank Matthew and the whole team at Japan Car Direct, they always went above and beyond in making sure their clients are always happy and informed about the vehicles they are purchasing. I am still in the buying process but so far 5/5 definitely. I’ll keep everyone posted when I do find a car!
Do yourself a favor, call Mathew at Japan Car Direct. Let him take the worry about doing business over seas off your plate. Not knowing anything about importing vehicles from Japan, I spent countless hours studying and trying to figure it all out. The headaches were too much! After Mathew walked me through the process it was a piece of cake. We've already bought a couple and are now buying more with complete confidence. Thanks guys, much much appreciated.
Can not recommend these guys enough. I dealt with Matt, who was extremely helpful and patient with all of my stupid questions. The way they have the whole process is so convenient, especially with the live video translations of the auction sheets. I will absolutely be returning to them in the future.
Trustworthy group here! They made it easy from point a to b. So glad this was the first group I tried as I have heard horror stories about the import process. Highly recommended.