We are passionate about our work and happy you found us!We're here to get you the best JDM vehicle to meet your requirements!
Please register and let’s get started
Before bidding on any vehicle, JCD has third party inspections done by professional inspectors at almost all of the auction houses in Japan. All vehicles have some weak points, specific to the make and model which we will have the inspector pay particular attention to. We will also have all other specific requests from our customers checked on.
In addition to specific requests, the inspector will:
- Check the general appearance of the vehicle and confirm that it is not an accident vehicle. Look at the condition of the body, paint and look for any additional scratches, dents, corrosion, cracked lenses, chips in the windshield etc., that are not on the auction house report.
- Look under the vehicle and check for any oil, coolant, or other fluid leaks. Check that all the shock absorber boots are not broken, and that there is no excessive under carriage corrosion.
- Test the suspension by pushing down on each corner of the vehicle.
- Open and close all the doors, hood and trunk to check for smoothness and quietness of the hinges. Check that the doors and trunk open with the key. Check for the spare tire, wheel wrench and jack.
- Check under the hood for any loose or missing bolts, stripped threads, altered wiring, broken fastenings, broken or missing covers, or corroded battery. See that the engine room is not excessively dirty or oily.
- Check that the oil isn’t too low or excessively dirty. Check for thick black deposits on the inside of the oil cap and the oil filler neck as an indication the engine wasn’t maintained regularly. Check that the tranny fluid isn’t too dark or dirty, and that there is no burnt smell. Check the brake fluid level. Check the coolant level, and that it is clean.
- Start the engine and check for any blue/black or white exhaust smoke. Check for warning lights, oil pressure while idling, any hesitation on acceleration, smoothness of transmission when changing from park to drive to reverse, and gear changes with manual transmissions. Check general engine sound and smoothness of running.
- Turn the steering wheel and check for good solid feel. Check that the air conditioning, heating, rear defog, power windows, locks, wipers, sun roof, folding mirrors, alarm system, radio, CD player, speakers, other stereo components, seat belts, and remote controls, etc., are all in good working order.
- Check the general condition of the interior. Are there any stains, or tears in the upholstery? Are the doors, floor, roof, or seats excessively dirty? Check the odor of the interior, and the trunk. Confirm if a smoker owned the vehicle, and if there has been any water damage.
After confirming that the vehicle is in good condition, and meets all of our customer’s specifications, we will place a predetermined bid on your behalf
Trustworthy group here! They made it easy from point a to b. So glad this was the first group I tried as I have heard horror stories about the import process. Highly recommended.
Yoshi and team were patient in helping me find the right car (green 2016 Prius 4WD) and get me through the process. Flawless service, prompt response to communications, on delivery the car was better than expected, very close to new looking. Their recommended partners for shipping and entry into NZ were on the ball too. Highly recommended! Pro tip: don't mess around; decide exactly what you want, then bid to win.
I had been toying with the Idea of importing a Land Cruiser from Japan for a while and to be honest was quite hesitant about doing so, as the process for a first timer seemed quite daunting. Mathew at JCD made the whole process SUPER EASY! Been a pleasure dealing with him and was kept informed every step of the way and super fast communication kept the whole process stress free! Thanks again Mathew and I'm looking forward to the next Cruiser! Cheers!!
Mathew at Japan Car Direct has been a HUGE help and continually went above and beyond with assisting me. It was my first time bidding on vehicles at auction and having them shipped to the US. He even helped me arrange a mechanic in Japan to do some work on the Hiace I purchased so that it would arrive in the US in tip top shape and be ready to hit the road. I look forward to doing more business with Mathew in the future and you should too!
I was totally clueless and was having a really hard time finding someone that I felt I could trust to help me with these auctions. A couple folks recommended Mathew over at JCD and I very reluctantly reached out. Yeah, I have trust issues. Dude put me at ease and really walked me through the whole process. After a couple months I didn’t end up buying a vehicle, but that’s on me. When I changed my direction, Mathew helped me wrap things up and wished me well. I have zero reservations about reaching out to these guys or recommending anyone else to do so. Very helpful, knowledgeable, prompt and everything I needed. You won’t be disappointed.
Ordered an Acty Van with these guys. five star service all the way. everything went perfect!!!. I was so afraid to import a car myself. JCD made it seamless. I would import wit them and only them again and again. Thanks guys!!
Discovered KEI vehicles about a year ago and spent many hours searching the internet in hopes of finding an affordable van state side, to no avail. That is until I sent a message to Mathew at JCD. He was quick to respond, answered way too many of my silly questions, and worked diligently to find the right van for me. He is thorough, clear, and timely. Made the process simple and enjoyable. I am more than excited to work with him again. I highly recommend the service these gentlemen provide.
Matt made importing a few mini trucks for our farm a breeze. Super easy to deal with and transparent with all the details involved in bidding and winning auctions, the import process, and everything in between.
My truck had been stolen and Matt was helping me bid on mini-trucks to replace it. Of course once we started bidding the truck was recovered, but Matt was upfront and very helpful both getting into and out of our auction based relationship. I would not hesitate to work with JCD again!
I worked with Mat and i believe i couldn't have done any better. This was my first time dealing with importing, Mat was so patient and helpful through this purchase. I also feel he got me the best deals, i have since the first purchase made two more and will continue to do business with Mat.
I purchased three vehicles from auction with Matt, he made it extremely easy and was available whenever I needed him throughout the entire importing process. This is not the last time I will be dealing with them. I plan to order more vehicles in the near future! If your looking for a trustworthy company to order vehicles through I highly recommend JCD!
Mathew was super helpful if helping me get more info and bid on cars I was interested in.
Mathew and the gang were great with helping me with the acquisition of my 1994 Subaru Sambar dump kei truck. I was so excited about getting a truck I was ready to buy just about anything. Matt put the breaks on that and used his experience and knowledge to weed out the potential problems. I use my truck almost daily around our farm moving things and as a work surface. It is great. Mathew and Japan Car Direct helped my sister get a kei truck as well and I have and will continue to recommend them to anyone who has expressed interest in my great little vehicle.
I purchased a 1994 4wd Suzuki Carry Kei truck through JCD. Yoshi helped me during the process and after nearly 3 months and over 100 emails back and forth between questions and translations of auction sheets I finally decided on a truck. I've now had it for nearly a month and couldn't be happier with the purchase. They are extremely promt with responses and answered all questions I had. Being completely new at the importing process I never felt uneasy with my decision. If I ever decide to import another vehicle I will definitely use them again.
Excellent service from beginning to end. I registered over the new year holidays and received an automatic out of office response and also still received personal response indicating when auctions resumed. The process takes doing your own due diligence to study the cars you want but the guys at JCD will assist where they can as well.