We are passionate about our work and happy you found us!We're here to get you the best JDM vehicle to meet your requirements!
Please register and let’s get started
In this video we provide information on the process of buying vehicles in Japan and exporting them.
Step 1 Register on our vehicle search engine to see the largest selection of vehicles in Japan. We will activate your login and contact you.
Step 2 Tell us what vehicle you are interested in and the preferences you have for it. We will then provide an estimate to the desired port of delivery.
Step 3 To move forward on the vehicle you want, send a 50,000 Yen deposit (8% for bids over 1 million yen, max. 500,000 yen), and we will search daily and translate the auction sheets of the vehicles meeting your requirements. The deposit can either be refunded (minus PayPal or bank fees), or be used toward your invoice after winning a vehicle.
Step 4 Before deciding to bid we can have additional professional third party inspections done on all vehicles to confirm they have been well-maintained and are in good overall condition. Additional pre-bidding photo service is also available at USS auction houses.
Step 5 We will contact you with the inspection report, and bid if it meets your requirements. If you have the highest bid, and it meets the reserve, you will win for only $50 more than the second highest bidder. You can win for less than your maximum bid!
Step 6 After winning, pay the invoice, and your vehicle will be delivered to the nearest port where a supplemental inspection will be performed and multiple photos taken for your confirmation.
Step 7 We will make a booking on the next ship, send you the necessary documentation, and guide you through the import process.
JCD’s friendly professional service charge of ¥69,000 includes:
• Real-time internet support (Whatsapp, Skype, Messenger, Twitter, Line, Homepage chat, etc.)
• Translation of auction sheets
• Arrangement and direction of professional pre-bidding inspections
• Transcription of inspection reports
• Auction bidding
• Inquiry and negotiation with domestic used vehicle dealerships
• Arrangement of vehicle delivery to the nearest port for export
• Pictures taken of vehicle at port and supplemental inspection performed
• Maintenance estimates available at port
• Storage at the port FREE for 30 to 60 days depending on available yards
• Making a booking on the next available ship
• Vehicle de-registration
• Making and Translation of the export certificate
• Domestic mailing and courier service of import documents
* Our base fee is ¥69,000. However, on vehicles costing more than ¥1,000,000, we charge an additional 4% of any amount in excess of ¥1,000,000. For example, an extra ¥4,000 is added to a winning bid of ¥1,100,000. If the winning bid at auction is more than ¥8,000,000 no additional margin will be charged on the amount over that.
Additional Export Costs
- Auction house fee ¥16,000 ~ ¥30,000
- Domestic inland transportation: ¥8,000 ~ ¥50,000 for regular sized vehicles.
- Export shipping charge: ¥25,000 ~ ¥45,000
- Ocean Freight: Charged by volume of the vehicle. Please ask for a quote.
Note On Export Costs
Auction house fees and Export customs clearance may vary depending on the auction house, auction house listing section, export yard and size of vehicle. For example, the Meisha section of USS auction houses charge an additional 10,000 yen to the winner. Also, an additional 10,000 yen is charged on oversized vehicles such as campers and firetrucks if over a certain M3 volume. These costs will be made clear to the bidder prior to bidding. Inland transport is charged by distance and vehicle size.
A Note on Simultaneous Bidding
The Japanese used car auctions provide a sophisticated, high tech exchange that is the closest thing to the free market ideal that it’s possible to get. It’s the place where many good deals are to be found and it’s fast paced and challenging.
Bidding is lightening quick and when a very popular car comes up there can be hundreds, even thousands of people placing their bids in just a few seconds and all in real time. And when the action is at its most intense you may get what’s called “simultaneous bidding,” where three, five, even ten bids are entered at the very same moment.
As the bids are electronically sorted in the queue it is possible to have a bid run over and the auction houses reserve the right to go up to JPY20,000 over your maximum bid.
While it is rather rare for this to happen, it at least gives you the chance of getting that in-demand car that you would otherwise have missed. If this happens (and it only happens occasionally, and usually only at the largest auctions) you’ll pay a touch more than you planned, but you’ll be very happy that you beat the others and scored that ideal machine.
Variable Additional Costs
- Third party professional pre-bidding inspections: ¥3,000
- Additional, pre-bidding USS photo service, ¥2,000 for 3 areas and ¥4,000 for 6 areas
- Negotiation fee at auction ¥10,000, if applicable
- Inner cargo is no longer accepted by the majority of carriers (in most cases a disposal fee will be charged)
- Any additional inspections required by the import country
- Additional storage over 30 or 60 days charged per day depending on port yard
- Additional transport if export yard is changed by the carrier
- Fee to have a vehicle re-entered into the auction ¥40,000
- An additional ¥40,000 yen deposit is necessary when bidding on vehicles that have not been inspected by the auction house (無効) but if a third party inspection is requested by the client and can be performed, the additional deposit is not necessary
- Vehicle washing at port ¥20,000 ~
- Import customs clearance, duties, taxes, compliance and registration etc *(paid in import country)
- Professional vehicle measurement (wwo) ¥25,000 ~ ¥45,000
First time importing a vehicle and Taylor did a great job guiding me the entire way! 5 star service! Excited about my new mini truck!Ryan White1/18/2022
Good experience throughout the entire process. They had the patience to help me find what I was looking for, when it arrived it was in great condition as I expected... read moreMichael Jones1/13/2022
First time customer review:
All around a great company to work with. Mathew was very responsive and helped me throughout the entire process. With this being the first time importing a... read moreAdam Fifield1/10/2022
My sales rep at JCD, Taylor, was amazing. He was quick to get me auction info, provided me good insights on possible price points, and was ready to answer any... read moreDerek Rucker12/15/2021
Mathew was extremely patient with me from start to finish, during a time when COVID backlogs and the Suez canal blockage happened - can only imagine this being mega stressful... read moreAdam Delaney11/24/2021
10 stars for service! This was my first time importing, we used JCD on a recommendation from a friend and I was really blown away by the service which Andrew... read moreJeff Cheok10/21/2021
In a time were lots of exporters are trying to make a quick dollar and sell you a rusty car, Japan Car Direct looks out for you and makes sure... read moreSebastian Kurpiel10/01/2021
Hey Matt, thanks for all the help in locating the perfect vehicle for our acreage. We cannot say enough good things about the service you provided. Your... read moreAngela Butler9/06/2021
After deciding to import a vehicle myself from Japan to the US, Japan car direct was one of the first names to come up. Of course this being the first... read moreLelandLs6 T7/28/2021
I had a great experience with Japan Car Direct. Matt helped answer all my questions and guide me thru the process successfully. Buying a car sight unseen can be stressful... read moreJake Metz7/19/2021
Great to do business with. Mathew was very helpful and guided me through the process to import a Nissan Elgrande. I can thoroughly recommend them for anyone else... read moreJonathan Pyne7/16/2021
I just bought a suzuki carry from Japan. Taylor was super helpful and supportive during the process, all the way up to picking up my truck at the port! Definitely... read moreLandon Sutherland7/01/2021
This was my first time ever purchasing vehicles from Japan. Mathew was recommend to me by a friend and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone else. Besides... read moreJonathan Wells6/21/2021
Mathew was great to work with and everything went well through the auction and export process. He was very patient with all my questions since it was my first... read moreJack Wagner5/29/2021
JCD was great to work with. Mathew was patient with me as I searched for my dream vehicle. He explained the process and helped me understand how to eliminate as... read moreGreg Thompson5/20/2021