We are passionate about our work and happy you found us!We're here to get you the best JDM vehicle to meet your requirements!
Please register and let’s get started
In this video we provide information on the process of buying vehicles in Japan and exporting them.
Step 1 Register on our vehicle search engine to see the largest selection of vehicles in Japan. We will activate your login and contact you.
Step 2 Tell us what vehicle you are interested in and the preferences you have for it. We will then provide an estimate to the desired port of delivery.
Step 3 To move forward on the vehicle you want, send a send a 60,000 Yen deposit to our PayPal account [email protected] (8% for bids over 1 million yen, max. 600,000 yen), and we will search daily and translate the auction sheets of the vehicles meeting your requirements. The deposit can either be refunded (minus PayPal or bank fees), or be used toward your invoice after winning a vehicle.
Step 4 Before deciding to bid we can have additional professional third party inspections done on all vehicles to confirm they have been well-maintained and are in good overall condition. Additional pre-bidding photo service is also available at USS auction houses.
Step 5 We will contact you with the inspection report, and bid if it meets your requirements. If you have the highest bid, and it meets the reserve, you will win for only $50 more than the second highest bidder. You can win for less than your maximum bid!
Step 6 After winning, pay the invoice, and your vehicle will be delivered to the nearest port where multiple photos will be taken for your confirmation.
Step 7 We will make a booking on the next ship, send you the necessary documentation, and guide you through the import process.
JCD’s friendly professional service charge of ¥79,000 includes:
• Real-time internet support (Whatsapp, Skype, Messenger, Twitter, Line, Homepage chat, etc.)
• Translation of auction sheets
• Arrangement and direction of professional pre-bidding inspections
• Transcription of inspection reports
• Auction bidding
• Inquiry and negotiation with domestic used vehicle dealerships
• Arrangement of vehicle delivery to the nearest port for export
• Pictures taken of vehicle at port and supplemental inspection performed
• Maintenance estimates available at port
• Storage at the port FREE for 30 to 45 days depending on available yards
• Making a booking on the next available ship
• Vehicle de-registration
• Making and Translation of the export certificate
• Domestic mailing and courier service of import documents
* Our base fee is ¥79,000. However, on vehicles costing more than ¥1,000,000, we charge an additional 4% of any amount in excess of ¥1,000,000. For example, an extra ¥4,000 is added to a winning bid of ¥1,100,000. If the winning bid at auction is more than ¥8,000,000 no additional margin will be charged on the amount over that.
Additional Export Costs
- Auction house fee ¥24,000 ~ ¥40,000
- Domestic inland transportation: ¥8,000 ~ ¥50,000 for regular sized vehicles.
- Export shipping charge: ¥25,000 ~ ¥45,000
- Ocean Freight: Charged by volume of the vehicle. Please ask for a quote.
Note On Export Costs
Auction house fees and Export customs clearance may vary depending on the auction house, auction house listing section, export yard and size of vehicle. For example, the Meisha section of USS auction houses charge an additional 10,000 yen to the winner. Also, an additional 10,000 yen is charged on oversized vehicles such as campers and firetrucks if over a certain M3 volume. These costs will be made clear to the bidder prior to bidding. Inland transport is charged by distance and vehicle size.
A Note on Simultaneous Bidding
The Japanese used car auctions provide a sophisticated, high tech exchange that is the closest thing to the free market ideal that it’s possible to get. It’s the place where many good deals are to be found and it’s fast paced and challenging.
Bidding is lightening quick and when a very popular car comes up there can be hundreds, even thousands of people placing their bids in just a few seconds and all in real time. And when the action is at its most intense you may get what’s called “simultaneous bidding,” where three, five, even ten bids are entered at the very same moment.
As the bids are electronically sorted in the queue it is possible to have a bid run over and the auction houses reserve the right to go up to JPY20,000 over your maximum bid.
While it is rather rare for this to happen, it at least gives you the chance of getting that in-demand car that you would otherwise have missed. If this happens (and it only happens occasionally, and usually only at the largest auctions) you’ll pay a touch more than you planned, but you’ll be very happy that you beat the others and scored that ideal machine.
Variable Additional Costs
- Third party professional pre-bidding inspections: ¥3,000
- Additional, pre-bidding USS photo service, ¥2,000 for 3 areas and ¥4,000 for 6 areas
- Negotiation fee at auction ¥10,000, if applicable
- Inner cargo is no longer accepted by the majority of carriers (in most cases a disposal fee will be charged)
- Any additional inspections required by the import country
- Additional storage over 30 or 45 days charged per day at a rate of 700-900 yen depending on port yard and vehicle size.
- Additional transport if export yard is changed by the carrier
- Fee to have a vehicle re-entered into the auction ¥40,000
- An additional ¥40,000 yen deposit is necessary when bidding on vehicles that have not been inspected by the auction house (無効) but if a third party inspection is requested by the client and can be performed, the additional deposit is not necessary
- Vehicle washing at port ¥20,000 ~
- Notary Public signature and seal ¥40,000.
- Import customs clearance, duties, taxes, compliance and registration etc *(paid in import country)
- Professional vehicle measurement (wwo) ¥25,000 ~ ¥45,000
FIRST TIME BUYER
So…. I have just ordered my second car from Yoshiro Nakajima at Japan Car Direct. Keep in mind my first car has only just gotten to the port,... read moreAlpesh Patel9/11/2022
Great service. This was my first time importing a car from Japan. Everything was well explained and the whole process went very smooth. Would highly recommend!! Thank you Yoshi!John Power9/08/2022
Importing through Japan Car Direct has been a great experience through and through. Their assistance in the auction and bidding process and arranging shipping is top notch. More importantly their... read morePeter Hagemeyer9/07/2022
Awesome experience working with Taylor, he was extremely helpful and patience. It was my first time exporting a vehicle and he walked me through step by step and didn't... read moreEric Southerland9/06/2022
Japan Car Direct made buying a car from Japan dangerously easy. 🙂 Yoshiro was a great help. He was responsive and supportive through the whole process. They have... read moreTim Meunier9/04/2022
I had an excellent experience working with Matthew at Japan Car Direct. I was a first time auction buyer and importer to the United States. Mathew walked me through... read moreAlex Spiegel8/11/2022
A great experience for my first time importing a car from Japan. Mike’s customer service was second to none and all the paperwork was in order.Bobby Crumpley8/03/2022
Matthew at JCD is the man. I’ve now imported three of my own cars through him. JCD was able to accommodate my unique needs, everything from short turn around inspections,... read moreChan Shin7/29/2022
I highly recommend Japan Car Direct. They help you find exactly what you are looking for and are with you throughout the entire process. Import was seamless. Mike was great... read moreSir Selrahc7/14/2022
Before this I have never imported any vehicles to NZ let alone one from Japan! I decided to give these guys a shot and bought a JDM Tesla into the... read moreEdward Yuan7/11/2022
Great experience. Extremely easy process and Kept me well informed. Highly recommend them if looking to purchase a vehicle from Japan.Antonio Sevilla7/08/2022
It's hard to say anything that hasn't been said from other reviewers! This was my first experience importing a vehicle. Mike Nguyen was super patient with me and my indecisiveness.... read moreLaw_of_the Za6/30/2022
I used Japan Car Direct's services to import a Nissan Silvia from Japan to Australia. Mike was very helpful from start to finish and definitely made the process stress free.
The... read morematthew martin6/24/2022
Just picked up my car that I bought through JCD. I was a complete newbie about buying a car overseas and Mathew was kind enough to basically hold my... read moreTK Mad6/18/2022
I worked with Mathew on getting my first Japanese Kei truck. The process and communication were great. For me the back-and-forth communication was the reason why I decided to go... read moreJohn Penny6/12/2022