Wherever you are in the world, dealer or individual, we are your best solution to import a JDM used vehicle.
We will guide you every step of the way, and beat your expectations!
Vehicle Search Engine: Over 150,000 vehicles at auction weekly, plus thousands more on dealer lots.
Let’s find the ideal car for you today!!
Before bidding on any vehicle, JCD has third party inspections done by professional inspectors at almost all of the auction houses in Japan. All vehicles have some weak points, specific to the make and model which we will have the inspector pay particular attention to. We will also have all other specific requests from our customers checked on.
In addition to specific requests, the inspector will:
- Check the general appearance of the vehicle and confirm that it is not an accident vehicle. Look at the condition of the body, paint and look for any additional scratches, dents, corrosion, cracked lenses, chips in the windshield etc., that are not on the auction house report.
- Look under the vehicle and check for any oil, coolant, or other fluid leaks. Check that all the shock absorber boots are not broken, and that there is no excessive under carriage corrosion.
- Test the suspension by pushing down on each corner of the vehicle.
- Open and close all the doors, hood and trunk to check for smoothness and quietness of the hinges. Check that the doors and trunk open with the key. Check for the spare tire, wheel wrench and jack.
- Check under the hood for any loose or missing bolts, stripped threads, altered wiring, broken fastenings, broken or missing covers, or corroded battery. See that the engine room is not excessively dirty or oily.
- Check that the oil isn’t too low or excessively dirty. Check for thick black deposits on the inside of the oil cap and the oil filler neck as an indication the engine wasn’t maintained regularly. Check that the tranny fluid isn’t too dark or dirty, and that there is no burnt smell. Check the brake fluid level. Check the coolant level, and that it is clean.
- Start the engine and check for any blue/black or white exhaust smoke. Check for warning lights, oil pressure while idling, any hesitation on acceleration, smoothness of transmission when changing from park to drive to reverse, and gear changes with manual transmissions. Check general engine sound and smoothness of running.
- Turn the steering wheel and check for good solid feel. Check that the air conditioning, heating, rear defog, power windows, locks, wipers, sun roof, folding mirrors, alarm system, radio, CD player, speakers, other stereo components, seat belts, and remote controls, etc., are all in good working order.
- Check the general condition of the interior. Are there any stains, or tears in the upholstery? Are the doors, floor, roof, or seats excessively dirty? Check the odor of the interior, and the trunk. Confirm if a smoker owned the vehicle, and if there has been any water damage.
After confirming that the vehicle is in good condition, and meets all of our customer’s specifications, we will place a predetermined bid on your behalf.